SPEAKER’S GRANT LOTTERY
The Speaker’s Grant program was discontinued due to fiscal issues and other reasons but because of one club’s request the AKCA board decided in a good faith effort to reinstitute a revised Speaker Grant Lottery for the year July 2012 to June 2013.Below are the revised guidelines:
1) Any club wishing to participate in the lottery drawings must email their request to be included in the drawing to Burt Ballou at email@example.com prior to June 30, 2012.Your club will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours and if no confirmation call Burt at (714) 839-1836 to assure your club’s inclusion in the drawings. This email should include:
a) Club name
b) Name of speaker
c) Topic of speaker ( must be a koi related topic)
d) Tentative date of speaker
e) b and d are not mandatory at time of email but must be included with receipts for reimbursement.
2) There will be drawings at the July AKCA board meeting for two speaker grant awards for a maximum of $250.00 each.
3) The awards are on a reimbursement of receipts for one speaker room night and speaker travel expenses up to a maximum of $250.00. Receipts must be submitted to the AKCA CFO.
4) Must be an AKCA member club for year 2012-2013 to be included in lottery.
5) Applying clubs, not awarded a Speakers Grant in the previous 3 years, will be given priority in the drawing for the 2 Speaker Grants each year. If less than 2 of these clubs apply, then the remaining available Speakers Grants will be drawn from the applications of clubs who have won a Speakers Grant Award within the last 3 years. Each year, AKCA will award 2 Speaker Grants for a total of $500 annually.
6) Depending on the success of this program the AKCA board will reassess continuation in 2013.
Any questions feel free to email or phone Burt Ballou at the aforementioned email or phone.